Planning a party seems easy on the surface – music, drinks, people, right? Not necessarily. There are many things to think about when planning the perfect party, but don’t fear! We have them all listed out below in a handy step by step guide. So, let us take the hard work out for you, while you think up some fancy cocktail names for your party punch!
1 Month to go:
- Decide on a guest list – naturally who makes the grade will steer which direction the party is going to go in. Will it be tee-total family members? Or raucous college friends? Or maybe even both… although we wholeheartedly discourage this sort of mix.
- Party themes are marmite, you either love them or hate them, but if you want to have one then now is the time to let people know. Here’s a neat list of theme ideas to get you started.
- Set a date – it seems obvious, but you want to consider not only when most of your guests will be able to attend, but also to make sure you have plenty of prep time beforehand. Obviously, depending on the party you will want to take into consideration weather conditions, firework regulations etc.
1 Week to go:
- Decide on decorations and shop for them, Amazon has a great selection if you don’t feel like going outside any time soon.
- Organise party games if applicable.
- Create a food/alcohol shopping list, if there is a lot of prep to do, make sure you get some collapsible Tupperware to keep everything fresh without making too much clutter.
- Make a tentative schedule for the party – no one likes a party to be too organised, but likewise a party can drag if there aren’t activities set up.
- Confirm that you will be getting some help for party prep and hosting duties.
1 day to go
- Create a playlist – no party is complete without music.
- Prep the food!
0 days to go:
- Decorations: It is crunch time! Get those decorations hung, clean the house (or make sure the garden is party appropriate. Hide any valuables, set up your speaker (if you don’t have one, you should consider a nice portable vibration speaker which can go inside or outside).
- Get ready: Don’t forget to take time to get yourself ready, pamper yourself, make sure you’re feeling good. Not only do you need to make sure you enjoy your own party, but no one else will be having fun if the host is on edge!